Activity 2: In 1936, a 13 year old girl named Marjorie Gestring became the youngest person to ever win an Olympic gold medal. She won the gold medal in the springboard diving competition. Imagine that you were alive in 1936 and you had the chance to interview her. On your blog, post five questions that you would like to ask the Olympic champion (if you had the chance to meet her!).
- How does it feel to be the youngest person to ever win a Olympic Gold Medal?
- How did you go from being a normal 13 year-old girl, to coming to the Olympics?
- How did you first become interested in Springboard diving?
- How has this changed your life?
- What is your next step in life?