Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey: Day 1, Activity 3 (Bonus)

Bonus: During the ancient Olympic Games, men were allowed to compete in the events but women were not. In fact, women were often forbidden from even watching the games. In your opinion, is this a fair rule? Why or why not? On your blog please tell us what you think about this interesting rule.

I think that this is fair. This is because I am pretty sure that during that time, the Olympics were a lot more rougher than it is now. In our days we are not so rough, and we have rules to try and keep people safe. So I think that this was completely fair that the women weren't allowed to compete, otherwise they would’ve been hurt. But I also think that it was unfair to not let women watch the games. I mean it’s not like the women would’ve stopped the games? Or caused anything bad to happen.

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\No Girls Allowed Sign.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I think that you have such an interesting point, Alecia. I hadn't really considered the roughness of the Olympics during the ancient times and I believe that you are right to suggest that women might have gotten hurt. Perhaps it would have been better to create two separate Olympic events - one for men and one for women. What do you think? Would this have a fair solution?

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think that, that would've been a very fair solution, good point!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.