Pages

Thursday 7 July 2016

Recount: Happy Children's Book Week!

This week at St Pius it is Children’s Book Week. So we celebrated it by getting everyone (including teachers) to dress up as one of the characters from their favourite book. Also by having a Duffy Assembly with our Duffy Role Model which is Josephine Bartley. I decided to dress up as Alice from Alice in the Wonderland. Rosrine (my best friend) and I also got the opportunity to lead the Duffy Assembly. I just knew that today was going to be an excitng day!


During the Duffy Assembly each class paraded around showing off their costumes. Rosrine and I also got to ask some people from their class what character they had dressed up as. There were Princesses and Pirates, Nerds, Little Red Riding Hoods, Bat Man’s, Spider-Man’s and even Harry Potter characters! There was also a special Honours Badge Award presented to Kalo and Fale’aka. I was as happy as the sun!

At the end of the Assembly every class paraded out of the hall, with the Duffy Song playing in the background. After the Assembly Rosrine, Joshua (my friend) and I cleaned up the equipment and left the hall. I absolutely loved today because I got see people get out of their uniforms and into their characters!
IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0223.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.