Pages

Saturday 30 November 2013

Cultural Day!!!

“I am nervous for today. I have a rumbling sore Stomach and my legs are shaking.” I said nervously to my sister. “It is alright just be yourself. Be bold and proud.” She said with confidence. “Ok I will try.” I replied back with a smile.

On Friday the 22nd of November for the Senior Syndicate it was all about Diversity for them. For the last 2 Terms the Senior Syndicate which is Rooms 3, 6 and 7. Each class got a Continent to study about. Room 7 got Europe, Room 6 got Asia and Room 3 got South America. My Class got divided up into 4 Groups. The Groups were Brazil, Colombia, Argentina and Peru. I was in Brazil.

What we had to do was that we had to make up some research questions, we had to find the answers to them. Then we had to learn them off - by heart. Then we presented them to Room 6 & 7. It was pretty nerve racking.



Also what we did on Friday was a Mass. The theme of the Mass was Diversity which was perfect for the point that the whole day was about Diversity. Then after Lunch the Senior Syndicate will present their Cultural Dance.

So the day had began everybody got into line looking ready for Church. I was really nervous. Just when everybody got into the Church and settle down we then got to begin. Deja walked up to the Lectern and began the Mass. She introduced the Topic and then we started our Cultural Diversity day.

After when Mass was finished Miss G told us which class was presenting 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Room 7 was first, Room 3 was second and Room 6 was last.

After this each Class lined up and walked back to their Classroom. We had to walk back to our Class to get a Pencil because we were going to Assess each Class on their Oral Presentation and their Recording. It was exciting to find out their Presentation. It also felt awesome to mark other classes Presentations. After grabbing our Pencil we lined up again and headed off to Room 7. When we got into Room 7 it was filled with the countries of Europe. The countries were United Kingdom, Germany, Greece, Italy and Spain. It looked very fascinating. Phew! It was also hot and stuffy because there were a lot of people stuffed in one small Classroom.

After when Room 6 & 3 were settled we started with the 1st Presentation of the day, which was the United Kingdom. Then after the United Kingdom was Germany, then Greece etc.

After all of the Presentation that we saw my favourite Presentation from Room 7 was Spain. It was very interesting and they said each of their parts confident.

The next Class was Room 3. Ahh!!!! I was so nervous I felt like fainting because of all of the hot air and because of me feeling nervous. As I was walking I said this to myself, “oh man I wish that i had never come today. What if I screw up and then let my Group down!!”

Just when we were walking Miss G told us to go into Class put your Pencil away and then we had to go and sit in our Groups. We got into the Classroom and did just that. When we sat down I could already feel the heat on me and my hands still sweaty, my Stomach was still sore and my Legs were still shaking. I was a total mess. I tried to calm myself down but it just wouldn’t work. So then I thought of good things.

Just as I thought of good things the Classes started to line up and when I looked at how much students lined up I was really really nervous now. Just when everyone settled it was time for the first Presentation from Room 3 and that was Peru. I was so glad that it wasn’t Brazil. Brazil was going 3rd. I thought to myself, “wow that is a good place to be.”

When Peru got up and did their Presentation it look easy but it wasn’t to me. After Peru was Argentina. Argentina did a pretty good job. Then next was BRAZIL!!! I felt so scared and nervous.

As we walked up and stood in front of Room 6 & 7 I felt like running away or fainting. But I couldn’t not now. Just when we all settled I started off. “Welcome to Brazil. We are going to talk about all sorts of things about Brazil. The environment, lifestyle, food, dances and more. So please listen closely to our Presentation about Brazil! Phew” I said to myself with no more stress. After the Introduction it was Stephanie, then, Manu, than Ezra etc.

After Petra it was my turn again. The question that I had to say was ‘What is the Environment like in Brazil?’ I had the longest part out of my Group so their was a lot of pressure on me. After when I said my part I was nearly relieved. After me was Martha, then Asipeli, then Rosalina then the Presentation is finish. But I still needed to say the last bit to finish our Presentation off.

Just as we went and sat back down I had relief, FINALLY!! “Phew, lucky that is over! I said to myself trying to cool off from all of the hotness. But the Presenting still wasn’t over we still had to Present our Dance. But that still wasn’t a worry for me.

The next Group that was up was Colombia. Now Colombia was my favourite Group because everybody participated with each other and they all said their Parts with confidence and clearly. Their Group was Fantastic.

Finally after Colombia Room 3’s Presentation was finished for the day. HOORAY!! I felt happy. The next Classroom was Room 6. So we had to grab our Pencils again and set off to Room 6. I was very excited to see their Presentations because Asia looks very interesting to me. I couldn’t wait until I saw Asia’s.

When we got into their Class their were 4 Groups. India, Thailand, China and Japan. When we had all settled down the exciting Presentations were going begin. The 1st Group was India. Now India was my favourite Group because they all knew their parts and they looked at us with confidence.

Then next was Thailand, then China and then the last one is Japan. Now my favourite was India and my least favourite was Japan. The reason why my least favourite was Japan is because they were ready off the board and it was also disorganised.

Now after when Japan’s Presentation was finished it was the last one of the day and we were finally finished with Presentations. (WOAHHH!!!) Now the next and final thing to present was the dances. But I wasn’t really worried about the Dances because were doing it altogether. I was mostly worried about the Presentations.

Anyways next up was Lunchtime, YAYY!!!! A break from all the worried and nervous faces on me. I had a wonderful playtime that Lunch and was very relaxed. Then just when the bell rang I just remember about the Dance. “Ah oh.” I said to myself. “I am nervous again. What should I do?” So after my small conversation in my head I rushed back to the Classroom to get changed into my customs.  

After when everybody was ready we all lined up then headed off down to the Hall. The whole school was going to be watching. That was more nerve racking than ever.

Just as we were gathering into the Hall the Junior Classes started to come inside the Hall and I was getting more nervous than ever. After when every Class had settled inside the Hall we finally started. The first Room was Room 7, then Room 3 and the last one is Room 6.

After Room 7’s 4 Dances it was Room 3’s turn. Now I was really nervous. When we had got onto the Stage I felt my Legs shaking but I still had a huge Smile on my face to show how proud I was to be doing a South American Dance.

When we got into position I felt confident. When the Dance was finished I was so glad. After watching all of the other Items and Dances I felt so relieved. After all the commotion from today I feel really proud of myself and relieved. My highlight from today was presenting our Presentations because I felt like over the past 2 Terms it was worth working for it. I hope in the future we could have another Awesome Project like this. I think from today that Diversity is important to everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT JOB ALECIA !!!
    WOW you have written alot.
    I liked the way you told us all about Cultural Day.
    You did a very awesome job on that day.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.