Activity 1: Before you go overseas it will be important that you learn a bit about the capital city of your country. Hop online and find out about the capital city of your country. Use this information to complete the five sentences below:
My country is Australia and it’s capital is Canberra.
- The name of the capital city is... Canberra, but many people think that it is Sydney. It’s nickname is the Bush Capital.
- The population of the capital city is... 379,600. It has grew by 2.3 per cent since 2012.
- In January, the weather in the capital city is... usually very very hot! January is the hottest month in Canberra. The average temperatures are between 12 - 27 degrees. But the temperatures can be 13 - 28 degrees. There are muggy nights, but there are also gentle and mild nights. It depends where you live in Canberra.
- The capital city is located in the... south-east of Australia. It is the south-west of Sydney and north-east of Melbourne.
- The languages most commonly spoken in the capital city... are English. But there are also Mandarin, Italian, Vietnamese, Cantonese and Italian.