Pages

Friday 14 October 2016

Writing: Narrative - The Phone!

A blanket of fog covered the land below with only patches of green grass and some large buildings visible. Quickly remembering something, I scampered to search for my passport, bumping and knocking things over.
The area was small, I only just fit, but I was directly next to the window so I was happy. There were all kinds of people surrounding me, business people, families, groups of teens etc. They were all chatting happily, like they didn’t have a care in the world.

Wanting to check the time, I reached for my phone up, except my phone wasn’t there. Going through that ‘oh it’s probably here somewhere’ phase when you lose things. I checked my seat, bag and jumper, but it was nowhere to be found. ‘Ok now i’m panicking!’ I thought alarmed. With beads of sweat trickling down my face I thoroughly searched the blind corners of my bag, the sides of my seat, the pockets in front of me and even asking the guy next to me, but zero luck. ‘Please please be here’ I prayed to God checking under my seat, but there was nothing.

If I didn’t find my phone before the plane lands, it was a goner. I jumped up and check the restroom, but nowt. I ran a nervous hand through my hair and made my way back to my seat. As soon as I sat down, I noticed that there was something rectangular in my pocket, so I felt it and lo and behold there it was, my phone. Absurd that it was there the whole time. Accompanied by the fact that I was stupid enough not to look there, I kissed my phone, like it was human, and held it tight. My face reddened with embarrassment.

20 minutes later we landed and everyone scurried out of the plane. Getting my wallet ready, I checked my bag, but it wasn’t there. ‘Uh-oh’ I thought to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.